The Baltimore Yearly Meeting Women’s Retreat is held annually, bringing together women of the yearly meeting for reflection, connection and renewal centered on our life of faith. For the second year, the retreat is being housed at the restful Pearlstone Center in Reisterstown, MD, near Baltimore. We begin on Friday evening and conclude after breakfast and worship on Sunday morning (and an optional lunch), but women may come for just Saturday or for a one-night stay.
We welcome women new to the retreat–there will be many returnees who will gladly show you the ropes. Among us, we have raised scholarship money to help those for whom the cost is a burden.
Retreat activities–and nonactivities!– include:
- worship in the whole group and in smaller groups using, this year, both the worship-sharing and Experiment with Light formats
- time for singing, chanting, dancing, walking
- time for solitude and rest
- time for sharing our musical and artistic gifts
- workshops on a wide range of topics
- a plenary speaker.